Total Weight: 3.11 grams. Every dealer values a coins grade before selling it. USA Coin Book Estimated Value of 1944 Lincoln Wheat Penny (Steel Cent Variety) is Worth $28,893 in Average Condition and can be Worth $58,491 or more in WebType: Lincoln Wheat Penny Edge: Plain Mint Mark: No mint mark Place of minting: Philadelphia Year of minting: 1946 Face Value: $0.01 (one cent) Price: $0.50 to $17 (or more) Quantity produced: 991,655,000 Designer: Victor David Brenner Composition: 95% Copper and 5% Tin and Zinc Mass: 3.11 grams Diameter: 19.05 mm The Philadelphia I have a 19 44 Lincoln penny that I want to sell how do I spell it? So, in response to peoples pleas, the government issued the 1944 wheat pennies using copper. This article discusses every crucial detail worth knowing about the 1944 Wheat penny. You can get more than 1 USD from the sale of this coin if it falls in the mint state (MS) grading. The US minted the 1944 wheat penny with no mint mark and also the 1944 D wheat penny and 1944 S wheat penny. Original Price 4,229 Remember, the sheaths cover each of the ONE CENT and UNITED STATES OF AMERICA terms. It is because they arent scarce. Also, NGC has recorded at least three 1944 S steel wheat pennies. Im the Coin Editor here at TheFunTimesGuide. Today, you could find many of them with passionate numismatists who appreciate their value. Looking at the numbers, theNGChas recorded around 20 to 40 pieces of the 1944 steel wheat pennies without a mint mark. Any wear occurs on the hair detail lowering its profile. Small clipped areas add a few dollars in value. Next: Mint Marks: In 1944 three varieties of cents were produced. But owning it can give you at least 100,000 USD from the sale. WebThe 1944-S Steel Lincoln Penny with the best graduation belongs to the Simpson Collection and it is a coin in MS66 quality that reached $373,750 in 2008. Identify Date and Mint Marks first. Web1944 D Lincoln Wheat Cent: Coin Value Prices, Price Chart, Coin Photos, Mintage Figures, Coin Melt Value, Metal Composition, Mint Mark Location, Statistics & Facts. This coin would not rust as fast as the 1943 penny, plus Americans could quickly identify it. 1944 Steel Penny Errors How much is a 1944 no mint mark wheat penny worth. Besides the metallic composition of the coin, whats the biggest difference between a 1944 steel cent and a 1944 copper penny? 1944 wheat pennies are old coins minted in the United States decades ago. These coins are an affordable collection of an old obsolete series. Just interested in them maybe my nephew kids will do something with them when they grow if theyll are good coins some day. One to buy 1943 penny from If its not in circulation, you can expect it to cost up to 35 cents. In uncirculated condition the price is around $1 for coins with an MS 63 grade. Do you buy foreign paper money?its a500,000 besyuz bin Turk lirasi. The 1914 S Lincoln is a key date wheat penny 1912 D is a semi key date. Prices are slightly higher than 1944 P pennies (no mint mark). Web1944-S copper Lincoln cent 282,760,000 minted; 3 to 5+ cents 1944-D over S copper Lincoln cent mintage known; $100+ 1944 steel cent (any mint) 15 to 20 estimated; $85,000+ * Values are for coins in average circulated condition. WebYes, as listed above, circulated 1944 Lincoln wheat cents (including those like yours, which have a "D" mintmark indicating its origin at the Denver Mint) are worth 10 to 20 cents. For instance, a 1944 wheat penny in certified mint state (MS+) condition can fetch between $6 and $8 at an auction. Are you trying find some Over 2 billion 1944 Lincoln pennies were produced at the Denver, San Francisco, and Philadelphia mints. One of the inscriptions marks the One Cent face value while another simply says United States of America. On the left and right outer edge of the reverse you will see two individual stalks of wheat, which is why the penny is sometimes referred to as the Wheat Penny. In uncirculated condition the price is around $1 for coins with an MS 63 grade. I have alot of pennys the collector coin guy says the back were it says America the And m are touching .also ingot we trust the last t is like shadow .liberty is all stamped wrong and. Youll have zero chance of buying a fake one. The US army needed copper to make more armor for the war. WebThe 1944 Wheat Penny without a Mint Mark Image: coinstudy If your 1944 wheat penny is in the grades of good (G 4) and fine (F 12), it will have a price of around 0.20 USD. Here, the coins have a better price than those from the Philadelphia mint. The reason for their mintage attracts the hearts of most coin dealers. The penny is more valuable than the one made in Philadelphia without a mint mark. In extremely fine condition the value is around $0.20. Can anyone tell me if this is valuable? Also, people lost money because they confused the 1943 penny with a dime. Web1944 Wheat Penny, No Mint Mark, Vintage Lincoln Copper Penny SweetAngelVintage (559) $45.00 FREE shipping 1944 Wheat Penny. Theres a variety of them, depending on the mint marks they bear. Web1944 D Steel Penny Value In 1944, only 7 steel pennies are known to exist with the D mint mark. One of the inscriptions marks the One Cent face value while another simply says United States of America. On the left and right outer edge of the reverse you will see two individual stalks of wheat, which is why the penny is sometimes referred to as the Wheat Penny. The 1944 wheat penny with a D mint mark is worth between $0.02 in Good and Fine condition. The largest number of San Francisco cents were struck in 1944, a record for the entire series. WebThe 1944 Wheat penny is a copper coin with no silver or tin content. Details of the legend are crisp as well as date and mintmarks. The error coin came from the Philadelphia mint. Collectors and dealers use a process of identifying and confirming: Date | Mint Mark | Condition. The 1944 wheat penny with a D mint mark is worth between $0.02 in Good and Fine condition. Finally, if the 1945 wheat penny has an MS-63RB grade and uncirculated condition, it will be worth at least $0.85. When viewing your coin in the grading process, use a single light source. The 1944 D/S or D over S wheat penny. WebThe 1944-S Steel Lincoln Penny with the best graduation belongs to the Simpson Collection and it is a coin in MS66 quality that reached $373,750 in 2008. Lets check out the coin grades for these cents, what they mean and how they affect the penny value. These inscriptions also affect how they are priced. Keep reading to learn more about these one cent coins. "S" Mintmark Under Date: San Francisco Mint Struck the Coin. Also, a few collectors will fall for the coin because of its many marks. Use the filter to refine the search results as per your requirements and lock down on the item that fits the bill. Every 1944 wheat penny has an attractive obverse. In extremely fine condition the value is around $175. Also, besides honoring Abraham Lincolns birthday, the 1944 wheat pennies had some connection with World War II. All 19944 wheat pennies have a diameter of 19.05 millimeters (mm) or 0.75 inches. The 1944 wheat penny would be incredibly rare and valuable with this mint mark and can be worth (15% off). WebLincoln Wheat Penny Philadelphia US Coin Errors 1944 Year, Lincoln Wheat Penny Denver US Coin Errors 1944 Year , Uncirculated Lincoln Wheat Penny 1944 Year US Coin Errors , Expect to see the fantastic portrait of the late US president, Abraham Lincoln. The aspects of the coins reverse have a profound message about US culture. Such a coin is still a great collectible. WebYes, as listed above, circulated 1944 Lincoln wheat cents (including those like yours, which have a "D" mintmark indicating its origin at the Denver Mint) are worth 10 to 20 cents. have some to sell also silver, I have 1944s also Denver pennys how much they word. The most expensive 1944-P nickel, graded MS60, was sold at 7,475 in 2011. Web1944-S copper Lincoln cent 282,760,000 minted; 3 to 5+ cents 1944-D over S copper Lincoln cent mintage known; $100+ 1944 steel cent (any mint) 15 to 20 estimated; $85,000+ * Values are for coins in average circulated condition. Here are some of the top 1944 wheat pennies errors. Once youre done with 1944 penny no mint mark online shopping, you may want to pop over to our gift guides to find some presents for those extra-special occasions (think birthdays, weddings, housewarming, anniversaries and all those festivals) that are made with the utmost love and care by real people for your closest friends and family members! World War II was happening in 1944, and hundreds ofmillions ofpeople were reading newspaper headlines and tuning into radio newscasts to stay currenton the latest from the battle lines. The 1944 Lincoln wheat penny has an intriguing history. Planchet errors on various coin series are common. So, if you own any coins, know that you hold a vast fortune. I have a 1944 wheat penny with no mint mark. There may be different types of 1944 penny no mint mark sold by sellers on Etsy, and youll be sure to find something that fits your needs and aesthetic perfectly. #2 1944 Steel MS64 $158,625 The 1944 wheat penny with no mint mark is worth around $0.10 in very fine condition. The images on the obverse and reverse are flat due to heavy wear. A small flat spot just connecting the ear and hair is evident. Hi I have a 1944 san Fransisco minted wheat penny are you interested in it and if so how much would you give me for it? Looking at the two wheat sheaths, they give the coin its name. Because the copper used in the 1944 through 1946 pennies were made from recovered ammunitions shells used in World War II. Sellers looking to grow their business and reach more interested buyers can use Etsys advertising platform to promote their items. Remember, it is rare to have a 1944 steel wheat penny in the EF 40 grade. Web1944 Wheat Penny, No Mint Mark, Vintage Lincoln Copper Penny SweetAngelVintage (559) $45.00 FREE shipping 1944 Lincoln Wheat Penny, No Mint Mark DDO Hillcrestcoins (68) $745.00 FREE shipping 1944 Lincoln Wheat penny, No Mint mark, 1 One Cent RareCoinCollectorz $999.99 FREE shipping 1944 Lincoln Wheat penny, No Mint mark, Where do I find out what it is worth, I get 1927 and 1944 penny how much it worth, I found a 1944 no mint mark, but I notice that the word liberty only says berty is it worth more than .15cents, I have 1909 threw 1956 wheat pennies I also have the sacewagea gold doll 2001 1944 half penny silver dimes quarters silver dollars teddy resevelt dollars and I want prices every other sellers get for there coins. The D or S mintmark is found under the date on the coin. Youll see the error between the E and PLURIBUS. Bold details, describes any 1944-S preferred by collectors. It is the first time any coin topped the 1 Billion mark. A plus is a clear date and portrait of Lincoln. The government did not use copper because it wanted to save it for making ammunition for the war. DDO Hillcrestcoins (68) $815.00 FREE shipping 1945 wheat penny no mint JUSTbByMcGrath $4,500.00 FREE shipping 1944 D/D 1c Lincoln Wheat Penny One Cent Rare Denver FS 502 But still, if the wheat penny is in the good (G 4) or fine (F 12) grade, it will cost you at least 0.20 USD. The value of most 1944 Lincoln wheat pennies is low in todays market. So, dealers can pay a fortune to own them. The 1944 wheat penny would be incredibly rare and valuable with this mint mark and can be worth Lincoln's hair shows smoothing and blending in areas. Great! WebThe 1944 Wheat Penny without a Mint Mark Image: coinstudy If your 1944 wheat penny is in the grades of good (G 4) and fine (F 12), it will have a price of around 0.20 USD. With even a worn example fetching over $100, its well worth your time to check any 1944-D cents using a magnifying glass. Below are the top issues that concern most dealers and collectors. 1943 Steel Penny Value: How Much is it Worth Today? 1944 pennies minted at the San Francisco mint have the mintmark S under the date. Various elements affect how 1944 Pennies are priced today. The price of a 1944 penny at a pawnshop will vary because pawnbrokers consider elements such as condition and rarity when working out the price of a particular piece. A misstruck 1944 Penny falls under the rare coin category. An Abraham Lincoln portrait dominates the obverse of the 1944 Wheat penny. Year: 1944 With subtle points to condition separating values Grading Lincoln Wheat Pennies examines the different grades using video and descriptions. Note that three US mints made these coins for a few collectors. Like any other coin series, the 1944 wheat penny also has some errors. If the coins moved through different hands, it is because of being sold or given as gifts. No Mint Mark. Across the coins top, there is the lettering E. Uncirculated coins with a grade of MS-65RB can sell for around $4. Ive got 44 steel and copper wheat pennies for sell.to the highest bidder bids start at $100, I have 5 1944 wheat pennys one of them are 44 D how much is it worth an who wants to buy them. Philadelphia and two branch mints struck pennies creating these unique coins. I dont have website, Ive got a Lincoln steel cant and also a Lincoln copper cent, Yes it copper or zinc let me know at ridemyharley@hotmail.com, If youve got a 1943 wheat penny contact me ASAP BUT YOU NEED TO BE SURE WHETHER ITS A STEEL PENNY OR COPPER PENNY CAUSE THEY IS DIFFERENCE, I dont have website I was looking at it on something borrowed sorry for any confusion. An uncirculated MS+ penny sells between $1.11-$3.22 or higher. An uncirculated MS+ penny sells between $1.11-$3.22 or higher. Many pawnshops also keep these wheat pennies and are willing to sell them at the right price, depending on their actual worth. In EF 40, these coins go for a little over $30,000 while the price hits $60,000 in MS 60. The diameter of the 1944 penny is 19 millimeters, while its weight is 3.1 grams. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Colors of Mint State Grade Wheat Penny Color of a newly minted wheat penny - a bright red-gold - changes over time. One of the first areas on the coin to evidence wear is Lincoln's ear and surrounding hair. In the average condition, it is worth 15 centsmore than face value. There are around four units of the 1944 D steel wheat pennies you can get today. WebA 1944 D wheat penny can be worth up to $45,000 or more under the right circumstances. The price is the same because of the massive amount of wear. WebThe coins reverse features in the center two different inscriptions. Public collections can be seen by the public, including other shoppers, and may show up in recommendations and other places. Also, the coins are 3.1 grams heavy, or 0.11 oz on a weighing scale. Check out the price chart for the top coins in this series. Finally, if the 1945 wheat penny has an MS-63RB grade and uncirculated condition, it will be worth at least $0.85. With over 430 million 1944-D Wheat cents minted, it is estimated that tens of thousands of 1944-D/S error coins exist. Web1944 P Lincoln Wheat Cent Steel Cent: Coin Value Prices, Price Chart, Coin Photos, Mintage Figures, Coin Melt Value, Metal Composition, Mint Mark Location, Statistics & Facts. How can I send you a picture of a 1944 D and 1944 S wheat Penny, to get a estimate on what they are worth? WebThe 1944 wheat penny with no mint mark is worth around $0.10 in very fine condition. A 1944 wheat penny without a mint mark is worth about 15 cents. For instance, a 1944 wheat penny in certified mint state (MS+) condition can fetch between $6 and $8 at an auction. 1944 Steel Penny Errors The 1944 P nickel value for circulated coins is between $1.25 and $3. DDO Hillcrestcoins (68) $815.00 FREE shipping 1945 wheat penny no mint JUSTbByMcGrath $4,500.00 FREE shipping 1944 D/D 1c Lincoln Wheat Penny One Cent Rare Denver FS 502 I have 1944 wheat penny with a upside down letter M stamped with two punch marks, is this ringing a bell with anyone? For instance, a 1944 wheat penny in certified mint state (MS+) condition can fetch between $6 and $8 at an auction. 1,435,400,000 wheat pennies struck at the Philadelphia mint. 1922 Silver Dollar Value Guides (Rare Errors, D, S and No Mint Mark), 1965 Quarter Value Guide (Rare Errors & No Mint Mark). Shipping policies may vary, but some of our sellers may offer free shipping when you purchase from them. One with a D mintmark in Extremely Fine condition could sell for about twenty cents. With the highest number coined in all the wheat design series, 1944 cents are Abundant on a rarity scale. The D or S mintmark is found under the date on the coin. Real Experiences. The head of the 1944 Penny comes with an Abraham Lincoln profile. Minimum value of wheat pennies is further refined by condition of the coin. Most Valuable Quarters: A List Of Silver Quarters & Other Rare Quarters You Should Hold Onto! You Could Find This Rare Penny In Your Pocket Change Heres What To Look For. Simply favourite your picks with the heart button to access easily at a later time! Find Out Here. Uncirculated coins with a grade of MS-65RB can sell for around $5. Its value ranges from 20 cents to 50 cents, but it could be worth way more than that, depending on its qualities. I have two 1944 Pennys how can I find out the true value of them? In extremely fine condition the value is around $0.20. It is the first time any coin topped the 1 Billion mark. Remember, the two parts are the high points of the coin. So, whats the differencebetween the value of a regular 1944 copper penny and a 1944 steel penny? Youll have a high chance of selling it at a higher price. But in virtually every case, what they have are silver-colored 1944 copper cents. The former is in better condition and unquestionably worth more than the latter. Heres a glance at some of the important events that were happening in 1944: In addition to the links Ive included above, here aresome otherresources to help you learn more about todays 1944 penny value: Stay up to date with everything about U.S Coins, We dont spam! Set where you live, what language you speak and the currency you use.